Sep 17, 2012

2012 eclectic reader challenge: october(got a bit ahead!) - horror

The Turn of the ScrewThe Turn of the Screw by Henry James
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Okay - lemme start by saying that I am a wuss. Of the first degree. So I really REALLY didn't wanna read a horror book. I don't 'do' scary. So I thought maybe if I chose a historical book, I might be less scared...
Couldn't have been less-scared if I tried.
I think this book is meant to be all about creating suspense and atmosphere, but really... I mean NOTHING ACTUALLY HAPPENS. You wait for it to happen, and it never does. Hmm.
Too subtle even for me.

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you, I was rather bored with this one.

    Thanks for sharing your eclectic reader challenge review

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd out

    ReplyDelete