May 5, 2011

a superficial journey of self-whatevery


I dont really know what I expected from this book. And so I don't really know why I was disappointed. What I didn't expect was it to be 'Eat Pray Love' meets 'Confessions of a Shopaholic'.

I know, I know - the title should have tipped me off.

I think she acurately sums it up in the quote:
"My life in India had been a mass of contradictions; one minute I was beyond materialism and sleeping on an inch-thick mattress, the next I was dropping 130 pounds in Amethyst. One minute I was sipping coconut juice between classes and discussing yoga sutras, the next I was swigging Pinot Grigio"

Must admit I skimmed a fair bit of the end. I didn't learn anything. I didn't relate to any of the characters. I don't really know what the point of this book is. I'm not sure Lucy Edge does either.

Read more of my reviews and become my friend on GoodReads! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment