'Today' published a list of 10 books they think teens should read, including:
- To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee
- The Catcher in the Rye - JD Salinger
- The Great Gatsby - F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Pride and Predjudice - Jane Austen
- Lord of the Flies - William Golding
... *APPLAUSE* Bravo!
I'd like to add a few more books I read/wish I'd read as a teen that changed the way I think:
- Nineteen Eighty-Four - George Orwell
- Animal Farm - George Orwell
- The 'Tiffany Aching' series - Terry Pratchett
- The Hobbit - JRR Tolkien
- Anne of Green Gables - LM Montgomery
- Black Beauty - Alice Sebold
...oooohhhhh there's so many more!!! :)
What books do you wish you'd read? What books will you encourage your kids to read?