Jul 24, 2012

2012 eclectic reader challenge: july - fantasy

Angels' Blood (Guild Hunter, #1)Angels' Blood by Nalini Singh
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

I hated this. I resented the time I wasted reading it. It's Mills & Boon for adult Twi-hards. It's full of vomit-inducing similies, eye-rollingly bad double entendres, and endless, repetitive descriptions of chiselled abs, and rugged jawlines.
This book did nothing to encourage me to read more Vampire Fantasy. Unless you love Twilight and Fifty Shades of Grey - DON'T BOTHER.

View all my reviews



2 comments:

  1. I used to love vampire fiction. Then Twilight was published, and now there's so much garbage it's not even worth the time investment it would take me to find one worth reading. I hate wasting time on bad books, it does make me angry! I'm sure you understand. When you have a long list of things you want to read and you know a lot of it is going to be very, very good, bad books are especially irritating because that's time you could've spent reading something worth it.

    If you ever get the desire for more, try something published before 2000. Anne Rice's Interview is very good, it's stood the test of time for a reason. I won't vouch for the rest of the series (she tends toward the verbose and often repeats herself) but that novel in particular is worth the read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, I'm not a fan of this series either - I mush prefer urban fantasy.

    Thanks for sharing your review
    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete